Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Alec Baldwin tweets about why he named his daughter Ireland
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 at 05:37 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Alec Baldwin was asked on Twitter, earlier this week, why he had named his daughter Ireland. According to Joe.ie (a website based in Ireland) his response didn't go down that well back home.
The "30 Rock" star had gone incommunicado on Twitter following a show down with an American Airlines flight attendant in December but it seems he's that he's back, and on form.
Although some Irish might find it a little insulting it's still a great joke and it is a joke. Don't worry young Ireland Baldwin was born in 1995 at the rise of the Celtic Tiger.
More offbeat stories from IrishCentral
John Walker Lindh, the American Taliban, seeks Irish citizenship - POLL
Obama’s Irish cousin wants out of jury duty to meet US president
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...