Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Alec Baldwin tweets about why he named his daughter Ireland
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 at 05:37 AM
- Australian court hears supermarket's 'freshly made bread' imported from Ireland
- Kickstarter project launched for Irish dance video game featuring Fusion Fighters - VIDEO
- Dubliners jump off restaurant rooftop into the River Liffey - VIDEO
- Stamps celebrating 50th anniversary of John F Kennedy's visit to Ireland revealed - PHOTOS
- 3 kittens, 3 ducklings and a mother cat called Della - more video of the adorable animals from Offaly
Alec Baldwin was asked on Twitter, earlier this week, why he had named his daughter Ireland. According to Joe.ie (a website based in Ireland) his response didn't go down that well back home.
The "30 Rock" star had gone incommunicado on Twitter following a show down with an American Airlines flight attendant in December but it seems he's that he's back, and on form.
Although some Irish might find it a little insulting it's still a great joke and it is a joke. Don't worry young Ireland Baldwin was born in 1995 at the rise of the Celtic Tiger.
More offbeat stories from IrishCentral
John Walker Lindh, the American Taliban, seeks Irish citizenship - POLL
Obama’s Irish cousin wants out of jury duty to meet US president
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...