Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Alec Baldwin tweets about why he named his daughter Ireland
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 at 05:37 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
Alec Baldwin was asked on Twitter, earlier this week, why he had named his daughter Ireland. According to Joe.ie (a website based in Ireland) his response didn't go down that well back home.
The "30 Rock" star had gone incommunicado on Twitter following a show down with an American Airlines flight attendant in December but it seems he's that he's back, and on form.
Although some Irish might find it a little insulting it's still a great joke and it is a joke. Don't worry young Ireland Baldwin was born in 1995 at the rise of the Celtic Tiger.
More offbeat stories from IrishCentral
John Walker Lindh, the American Taliban, seeks Irish citizenship - POLL
Obama’s Irish cousin wants out of jury duty to meet US president
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...