Emerald Extractsby IrishCentral Columnists
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Obama’s visit to Ireland, and more importantly his famous visit to Ollie Hayes’s pub in Moneygall to enjoy a pint of Guinness, along with the thousands of people who tweeted about the President’s visit inspired a Wicklow businessman to create this piece of art.
Alan O’Flaherty who owns Fluffy Button, a personalizing and printing company in Wicklow, created a one off image of Obama made from approximately 1,000 Twitter avatars of users who tweeted on May 23rd.
O’Flaherty explained how he created the poster entitled “Is Féidir Linn” (“Yes We Can”). He said “It's made up of 1,000 photographs of people who tweeted about the visit on the day. I got the idea of making the image after seeing something similar done when Obama was first elected president.”
Who doesn't like a glass of Bailey's Irish Cream on the rocks? Or even a shot over a scoop of ice cream as a treat. ButHow about slathered over a serving of Kentucky Fried Chicken?
The movie is directed by Kamil Krolak, who based his filmed on fiftypeopleonequestion.com. Krolak nabbed 50 people, passing him and his camera crew on Shop Street, in Galway City, and asked them a very difficult question.
Although there were the regular stereotypes like redheads and drunks there were also some very strange observations about leprechauns. One lady speaking about what they referred to as the Leprechaun Union in Ireland spoke about how leprechauns are "dusty as f*** and drive big green Cadillacs".
The footage shows shots of some Dublin landmarks including Dublin Port, O'Connell Street, George's Dock and more.
For more visit richardtwomey.com.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...