81-year-old Irish woman bungee swings for free in New Zealand – VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
|Learning to fly - back on solid ground|
An 81-year-old Irish lady, Ailsa, took part in a bungee swing in New Zealand.
The video shows a relaxed lady who shouts “Yes I do want the video, cause they will not believe me at home”.
She goes on to say that she’s not scared now and waves “bye bye”.
When her landing on the platform doesn’t quite go to plan she can be heard threatening the technician saying she’ll send her husband after him.
Upon hitting down on solid ground, after being airborne for about four minutes, her companions ask if she feels okay. She says “I’m okay” and waves enthusiastically at the camera.
Broadsheet posted the video on Tuesday. They said the footage came from Lisa Sheppard who wrote:
“This is my 81-year-old-grand Aunt Maureen from Gibbstown in County Meath doing the Nevis bungee swing in New Zealand! She did it because they had a sign saying “free for anyone over 75″.
They had said at the Nevis swing they haven’t had anybody older than her doing it! She said it was very relaxing and would highly recommend it!”
Here's the footage:
More offbeat stories from IrishCentral
Obama got the love from Irish audiences he couldn't get in America
Desperate Irish women turn to working in sex industry as economy tanks
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...
- Computer giant Apple avoiding $25 billion...
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Guinness summit? Obama and Putin to enjoy...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...