Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
50 percent of the Irish population are Facebook users
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 06:56 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
According to Ipsos-MRBI figures, which were posted on twitter, 90% of those aged 15-24 use the social media site. Two thirds of these use Facebook daily.
One in five 55 to 64-year-olds have a Facebook account.
The figures show that 7% of the population use Twitter. The research shows 30% of twitter users check their accounts daily, up from 18% six months ago. Ipsos-MRBI says Linkedin accounts have grown to 9%, that's up
over 50% in six months.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...