Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
50 percent of the Irish population are Facebook users
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 06:56 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
According to Ipsos-MRBI figures, which were posted on twitter, 90% of those aged 15-24 use the social media site. Two thirds of these use Facebook daily.
One in five 55 to 64-year-olds have a Facebook account.
The figures show that 7% of the population use Twitter. The research shows 30% of twitter users check their accounts daily, up from 18% six months ago. Ipsos-MRBI says Linkedin accounts have grown to 9%, that's up
over 50% in six months.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin