Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
4,000 living dead hit the streets of Dublin Zombie Walk - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 07:19 AM
- Australian court hears supermarket's 'freshly made bread' imported from Ireland
- Kickstarter project launched for Irish dance video game featuring Fusion Fighters - VIDEO
- Dubliners jump off restaurant rooftop into the River Liffey - VIDEO
- Stamps celebrating 50th anniversary of John F Kennedy's visit to Ireland revealed - PHOTOS
- 3 kittens, 3 ducklings and a mother cat called Della - more video of the adorable animals from Offaly
This year, they raised €5,000 and believe that they beat the world record of having 4,069 zombies in one place.
The weird and wonderful world of the All-Ireland Scarecrow Championships - PHOTOS
Ten ways for Americans to learn to swear with an Irish accent
New scheme helps U.S. kids learn about Ireland first hand
Eamon Doyle, the organizer of the walk, said that he had “always loved zombies and they have done several walks around the world so I thought I will put my full brain into it and get it as big as possible because it just seems like zombies grab the attention of people.
To prepare people for the ghoulish looks, a team of make-up artists helped participants look their worst, according to the Independent.
Although the walkers looked terrifying, most had a fantastic time and had trouble maintaining the required deathly stare of a zombie. "Sometimes we had to remind people that if they were getting their picture taken, they should not smile because they are a zombie."
Most Popular Blog Posts
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an...