Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
4,000 living dead hit the streets of Dublin Zombie Walk - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 07:19 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
This year, they raised €5,000 and believe that they beat the world record of having 4,069 zombies in one place.
The weird and wonderful world of the All-Ireland Scarecrow Championships - PHOTOS
Ten ways for Americans to learn to swear with an Irish accent
New scheme helps U.S. kids learn about Ireland first hand
Eamon Doyle, the organizer of the walk, said that he had “always loved zombies and they have done several walks around the world so I thought I will put my full brain into it and get it as big as possible because it just seems like zombies grab the attention of people.
To prepare people for the ghoulish looks, a team of make-up artists helped participants look their worst, according to the Independent.
Although the walkers looked terrifying, most had a fantastic time and had trouble maintaining the required deathly stare of a zombie. "Sometimes we had to remind people that if they were getting their picture taken, they should not smile because they are a zombie."
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...