Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Travel back in time - take a trip through Dublin City in 1965 – VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 05:12 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|A screen shot from the video|
According to Liffeybanx, who published the footage on YouTube, the video was captured as part of a CIE Dublin Bus training video shot in 1965.
Read More: 'Driving in Dublin in 1974' YouTube video goes viral
The black and white 10 minute video shows police directing traffic in their special uniforms, the city’s unmarked roads and pedestrians constantly walking out in front of vehicles.
Iconic Dublin landmarks such as Christ Church Cathedral, Trinity College and O'Connell Bridge are also featured.
Watch the video below:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...