Iconic photo of Bill Clinton meeting JFK in 1963 gets a color update
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Photo Credit: Arnie Sachs|
A photo taken over fifty years ago of a young Bill Clinton shaking hands with President John F. Kennedy in the Rose Garden of the White House, got a fresh update.
The image was taken by Arnie Sachs when 16-year-old Bill Clinton shook hands with President John F. Kennedy in the Rose Garden of the White House on July 24, 1963. The Arkansas teenager was attending the American Legion Boys Nation program.
This week Michael Catanachapodaca, colorized the image and posted it on Reddit.
Clinton credits that handshake with as inspiration for his life in public service.
"That had a very profound impact on me," Clinton told ABC News of his brief meeting with Kennedy. "It was something that I carried with me always."
Nearly three decades later Bill Clinton was sworn in as the 42nd president in January of 1993.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...