Hundreds attend LaPorte leprechaun hunt in Indiana (VIDEO)
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|With large sticks they came in their hundreds to hunt leprechauns in Indiana|
, Irish Roots
, Irish News Blog
, Irish American
Thirty-three leprechauns and pots of gold, ranging from $50 to $1,500 brought hundreds out in support of the 19th Annual Family Fun Day and Leprechaun Hunt, in LaPorte, Indiana.
The leprechauns were hidden over 185 acres and crowds of people, young and old, ventured out in hunt of the little mythical green men.
Hunters were seen venturing out with large sticks on their hunt. They had a tough job too as last year only four leprechauns were caught!
The event was organized as a fundraiser for the charity Share Foundation, in aid of disabled adults.
Executive director Kathleen Kelly told local news WNDU “This is just a great show of support. It shows us that people care about sharing meadows and what happens here.”
Here’s the local news clip on the event:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Did Catholic Church insistence on English...