Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
100 brave Irish souls skinny dip for charity in “Dip in the Nip” in Cork
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 05:04 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Brave souls go for Dip in the Nip to raise money for cancer charities at Pilmore Beach in Cork|
Despite brisk weather on Sunday hundreds of hardy soul turned out for the annual charity Dip in the Nip in Cork and Sligo. Swimmers took the plunge with the aim of raising money for a number of different cancer charities.
On Pilmore Beach, Youghal, County Cork, 100 people turned out despite cloudy conditions and in Sligo more than 120 turned up.
In Sligo the situation was more dire with the Irish Coastguard warning who high winds and a swell at Dunmoran Stand.However with guests having flow in from as far a Mexico to take part organizer Maire Garvey told the Irish Times it would have been impossible to say no.
For more on this charity event visit www.dipinthenip.eu.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...