The Wolfhoundby The Wolfhound
- Oprah Winfrey hunting for 'Twilight' fanatics!
- The Brits, the IRA, the Lusitania, and the QE2
- 'Irish Viagra,' and the law about Irish jokes
- No flushing money (or water) down toilet in Ireland!
- Toasted Irish soccer fans says 'wee' to French bread
For experts on history (and all other matters), like your beloved Wolfie, the ironies are irresistible.
The QE2 was owned by the Cunard Line, which, coincidentally, also owned the luxury passenger ship RMS Lusitania many years earlier. Although ocean liner and history buffs still fight over the details and just about everything else, everybody now knows that the Lusitania was also in the business of transporting arms -- though in this case, the arms were "smuggled" by the Brits for the Brits in World War I.