Sidewalksby Tom Deignan
- “Philomena’s” story is just one example of the forced adoption of Irish children (VIDEO)
- Mayor-elect de Blasio blundered by not including Catholic on transition team
- Kennedy’s greatest legacy: proving that the Irish could be American, too
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob
- Don’t cheer just yet, Pope appoints new bishop who went after outspoken US nuns
But these days, when it seems as if the Cold War is back with a vengeance, that’s what you get when you hear about Russian spy scandals.
Perhaps this craze for the Cold War is just nostalgia, a longing for the days when the Soviets and Americans would engage in all sorts of skullduggery, but in the end, no one would get hurt. These days, in the back of our minds, we seem to know that any day can turn out to be as tragic as that one back in September of 2001.