Sidewalksby Tom Deignan
- Remembering Morton Downey, Jr, the father of trash TV
- Father Andrew Greeley’s powerful faith - remembering the larger than life Chicago priest
- Ireland’s rotten Apple scheme - two-bit operation need to pay their dues to maintain “civilized society”
- Sleazy secrets and the American Dream of Dublin born spy Kevin Richard Halligen
- 'The Great Gatsby' author F Scott Fitzgerald’s death and burial another Catholic lesson
Now they want to blame the Irish for all of the fighting and violence we see in hockey?
Okay, so it’s not quite that simple. But there’s a theory going around that the Irish played a central role in the evolution of hockey, and in particular the sport’s infamous acceptance of violence.
It’s been a tough week for hockey fans in the New York area.