Sidewalksby Tom Deignan
- Mayor-elect de Blasio blundered by not including Catholic on transition team
- Kennedy’s greatest legacy: proving that the Irish could be American, too
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob
- Don’t cheer just yet, Pope appoints new bishop who went after outspoken US nuns
- Irish America’s other Halloween, the Ragamuffin’s of Thanksgiving
Now they want to blame the Irish for all of the fighting and violence we see in hockey?
Okay, so it’s not quite that simple. But there’s a theory going around that the Irish played a central role in the evolution of hockey, and in particular the sport’s infamous acceptance of violence.
It’s been a tough week for hockey fans in the New York area.