Sidewalksby Tom Deignan
- “Philomena’s” story is just one example of the forced adoption of Irish children (VIDEO)
- Mayor-elect de Blasio blundered by not including Catholic on transition team
- Kennedy’s greatest legacy: proving that the Irish could be American, too
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob
- Don’t cheer just yet, Pope appoints new bishop who went after outspoken US nuns
Daniel O’Toole had enough.
O’Toole, and other parishioners at St. Joseph’s Church in Oradell, New Jersey, part of the Archdiocese of Newark, have spent the past week up in arms. They have been handing out leaflets before and after Mass.
It wasn’t always so easy being an Irish American.
Oh sure, there were the bad old days of anti-Catholicism and the No Irish Need Apply signs. But there’s always been a fair bit of tension between Irish Americans and folks from Ireland.
HEY, 1987 called!
They want their Irish gangsters back!