Sidewalksby Tom Deignan
- “Philomena’s” story is just one example of the forced adoption of Irish children (VIDEO)
- Mayor-elect de Blasio blundered by not including Catholic on transition team
- Kennedy’s greatest legacy: proving that the Irish could be American, too
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob
- Don’t cheer just yet, Pope appoints new bishop who went after outspoken US nuns
It's that time of year again. Time to look back on the year that was and, more importantly, look ahead to the New Year.
In January of 2011, for example, I suspect that a slew of big-time Hollywood actors and agents are going to relocate from the sun and surf of California to the gritty streets of Boston.
Both sides are keeping the true Christ out of Christmas
There is an Irish pub in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, called McNellie’s. The owner, Elliot Nelson, notes that his bar’s design was inspired by a semester he spent in Dublin, bending his elbow at watering holes such as Porterhouse and the Stag’s Head.