Would Hillary Clinton as prez have avoided Obama defeats in mid-term elections? Yes
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 at 11:02 PM
- Recalling Irish America’s greatest moment: President Clinton’s first visit to Belfast
- Inquiries into pre-Good Friday Agreement Northern Ireland crimes must end
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
Would it have been different if Hillary was president during these mid-term elections?
I believe so, but we will never know.
The critical difference is that the Tea Party types could never have been able to paint her as an alien outsider whose birthplace was even in doubt.
The fact is that Obama came to office as one of the most unknown presidents of all time.
His political carer was remarkably short and the passionate tide that brought him to the White House meant there was little examination of his pre-national politics career.
Tea Party folk cleverly began filling in the gaps when he assumed power.
The notion that he was not born in Hawaii-- which many Americans barely believe is in the union anyway -- began the argument very cleverly that he was not a true American.
Then the onslaught on his 'socialist' policies began.
Rush Limbaugh began referring to him as' Imam Obama' further darkening his image as a socialist Muslim for God's sake.
Such nonsense would never have worked with Hillary.
Whatever else she and her husband are, every single aspect of their past lives have been dragged up and examined in great detail.
There would simply not have been any 'secrets' in her past to drag up.
Sure there would have been attacks. there is a lot of revisionism going on now that Republicans and Hillary actually liked each other.
No they didn't and the aggression on both sides would have been there.
But I don't think the Tea Parties would have been able to demonize Hillary in the same way. She is too well known.
And this mid term election might have turned out very differently.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...