Vicki Kennedy now likely to run for Scott Brown senate seat
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
- How the Gaelic Players Association has saved lives in Ireland
- Ray Kelly is right, politicians who attacked him are full of it
Will Vicki Kennedy run for her late husband's seat after all now that she has moved back to Massachusetts?
My guess is she will. Kennedy family sources confirm this.
The Boston Herald revealed last week that Kennedy is moving into a penthouse overlooking Commonwealth Avenue after selling her Washington D.C. home.
Scott Brown is up for re-election in 2012 and Vicki has still not got over the fact that Teddy’s seat went to a Republican.
If she enters the race she would immediately eclipse all other candidates and would be a very strong contender against Brown who ha lost some of the sheen that accompanied his upset victory.
She would also have no problem raising money, tapping into her late husband’s amazing network which is still intact. That network did not come out for Martha Coakley but they would come out for Vicki.
As a New Orleans native it might have been just as easy for her to move back to the Big Easy.
But her move to Boston clearly sends a signal that there may well be a political future ahead .
Vicki will be guiding construction of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute.But it is interesting that she will be the keynote speaker for the Action for Boston Community Development gala dinner on Oct. 29 - a key event for would be office holders.
Watch this space.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- 'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...