Two timing Barack Obama now claims British ancestry -- knighthood on the way?
- Mario Cuomo and Mike Dowling dazzle at Irish America lunch
- Recalling Irish America’s greatest moment: President Clinton’s first visit to Belfast
- Inquiries into pre-Good Friday Agreement Northern Ireland crimes must end
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
Just days after beguiling the Irish as one of their own Barack Obama has fessed up that he is British!
The heartbreaking words were delivered during his toast to the queen in England on Tuesday. (it is not on this clip but the clip is fun to watch anyway!)
Here is what he said;
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Your Majesty, thank you for your extraordinarily generous remarks, for the invitation you extended for our first state visit in Europe, and for the warm friendship that you've shown both Michelle and myself on both of our visits to Buckingham Palace.
I bring warm greetings from tens of millions of Americans who claim BRITISH ancestry, including me, through my mother's family. ...
Oh well, O'Bama we hardly knew ya. The British were always going to try and take you off us like they did everything else for 800 years --sigh.
We thought you might avoid calling yourself British seeing as they tortured your grandfather, a Kenyan freedom fighter during the Mau Mau insurrection.
But I guess it got too much surrounded by Her Majesty and all that British pomp and Gilbert and Sullivan regalia.
It is only a matter of time before they ask you to become a knight.
'Arise Sir Barack!
15 - 71 | See all comments
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra