Two timing Barack Obama now claims British ancestry -- knighthood on the way?
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
Just days after beguiling the Irish as one of their own Barack Obama has fessed up that he is British!
The heartbreaking words were delivered during his toast to the queen in England on Tuesday. (it is not on this clip but the clip is fun to watch anyway!)
Here is what he said;
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Your Majesty, thank you for your extraordinarily generous remarks, for the invitation you extended for our first state visit in Europe, and for the warm friendship that you've shown both Michelle and myself on both of our visits to Buckingham Palace.
I bring warm greetings from tens of millions of Americans who claim BRITISH ancestry, including me, through my mother's family. ...
Oh well, O'Bama we hardly knew ya. The British were always going to try and take you off us like they did everything else for 800 years --sigh.
We thought you might avoid calling yourself British seeing as they tortured your grandfather, a Kenyan freedom fighter during the Mau Mau insurrection.
But I guess it got too much surrounded by Her Majesty and all that British pomp and Gilbert and Sullivan regalia.
It is only a matter of time before they ask you to become a knight.
'Arise Sir Barack!
15 - 71 | See all comments
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...