Steve Jobs was a great American genius
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
Back in 1984 in San Francisco I bought my first Macintosh.
It changed my life.
I am typing this on a Mac and have never used anything else.
To do so would be traitorous.
The Mac got me day one.
With IBM computers at the time you had to type in codes.
With Mac you just typed.
As a computer cretin I could not have been happier.
When I moved to New York my Mac came with me in my car.
When I flew to Ireland to finish my first book the Mac came with me, long before the age of laptops.
It was my old and dear friend.
All these years and five company start-ups later I still love my Mac.
Which is why I am so sad that Steve Jobs died.
He was a genius, a wonderful American genius,
He embodied everything that was great about this country.
He was innovative, futuristic, talented and above all a visionary.
He changed the world for the better and we have lost a great one,
He will rank up there with Edison and company when the history books are written.
And he will be so sorely missed.
Thank you Steve for helping this luddite enter the modern world and I will be grateful always.
- Did Pope Francis perform an exorcism at the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- 87-year-old sues Donald Trump over condo...
- Immigration reform bill passes a huge hurdle...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Computer giant Apple avoiding $25 billion...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...