Sinead O'Connor is not well and the media needs to lay off now--Irish singer is deeply troubled and in need of help
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
- How the Gaelic Players Association has saved lives in Ireland
- Ray Kelly is right, politicians who attacked him are full of it
|Sinead O'Connor (Credit: John Sciulli/Getty Images)|
Why do I think that someday soon we will be reading about the further mental problems of Sinead O'Connor?
She's a woman who admitted to trying to commit suicide on her 33rd birthday and to being bi-polar.
Her latest escape, getting married for the fourth time and divorced 16 days later, is surely a sign of a mental instability that is only getting worse.
While she is fair game for the media and actively encourages the coverage, particularly through her blog, you have to wonder, at one point the train wreck becomes evident even to the worst tabloid reporter?
Like Lindsay Lohan, Sinead O'Connor is a disturbed woman who needs psychiatric care, not more headlines. She is beginning to resemble Charlie Sheen with his very public breakdown.
Sinead O’Connor ends fourth marriage after just 16 days
More Sinead O'Connor related news
Sinead O’Connor, Alec Baldwin and Charlie Sheen make FOX’s list for celebrity meltdowns
She has often talked about the horrific abuse she sustained as a child from her own mother, and there is no question she had a very sad upbringing.
There is no questioning her talent and her beautiful voice, which may yet win an Oscar next year for her song from the movie Albert Nobbs.
But it has been clear from some time that Sinead, far from getting more settled and together in her later years, may well be getting worse.
While the headlines keep coming, she no doubt will continue to make them, and like all performers she's best before a live audience.
But her latest problems can be viewed as another cloud in a darkening landscape.
Sinead O'Connor is not well. That much is clearly evident. She needs medical, not media attention.
Hopefully those closest to her can convince her to go seek it. Otherwise, this could all turn out badly for her.
15 - 50 | See all comments
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...