On reaching the ripe young age of 59 -- Who is that guy in the mirror I wonder
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 09:28 AM
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
- How the Gaelic Players Association has saved lives in Ireland
- Ray Kelly is right, politicians who attacked him are full of it
I woke up yesterday morning to discover an impostor.
I gazed in the mirror on my 59th birthday and realized I had been hijacked.
The grey haired, balding guy in the mirror with too many wrinkles and a paunch had clearly been foisted on me overnight.
The sleek, handsome as hell, gazelle like guy I went to sleep as had disappeared.
This has happened before but seems to get worse every birthday.
It is high time I reported it to the time police.
“Shurely Shum Mistake," I’ll tell them in my best Irish drunk imitation.
They, no doubt, will assure me they will investigate this impostor and have him arrested at their earliest convenience.
I’ll tell them I’ve noticed him skulking around since I was about 40 and the first grey hairs appeared.
“Yes sir, you can be sure, we know who he is we’ve seen him in action before.”
“Thank you officer," I’ll say.
I hope they put him away for a long time.
The thief of time is well known around these parts.
But I never thought he’d attempt to infiltrate my home.
There must have been an open door or window in my soul that he climbed in.
He’s clever, I never see him until I look in the mirror.
Clearly, he disappears at night and my true self returns.
Not next year though I’ll be ready for him.
Maybe in a butterfly net I’ll catch him.
Now there’s a thought.
Lock him up for everyone to see officer.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- 'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...