Muslim leaders need to incite less, understand more -- Failure to comprehend West means they lose all support
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 at 08:43 AM
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young woman they turned in to U.S. authorities - “The IIIC is deeply sorry for the hurt and upset that this incident caused the young woman”
- The Irish community returns to Hurricane Sandy hit Rockaways to aid ongoing recovery
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities by Irish immigrant support group - Boston-based Irish International Immigrant Center does the unspeakable
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
|Still from movie "Innocence of Muslims"|
Have you actually watched the film that all the murder and mayhem has been about?
It is called “Innocence of Muslims” and I watched it on YouTube last night and thought it was some kind of hellish joke.
It is so badly put together and utterly impossible to follow that it is quite possibly the worst film ever made.
It makes “The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes” look like “Ben Hur,” and “Ali Baba” look like high literature.
How millions of Muslims can take such grave offense that people have died because of this piece of garbage is hard to believe.
More to the point, the Muslim leadership needs to stop fueling the flames every time some idiot casts aspersions on their religion.
Catholics did not riot when the “Piss Christ” exhibition took place in New York featuring a crucifix in a jar of urine.
Nor did Jews riot when violently anti-Semitic texts were approved for schools in many Muslim countries.
I understand it is a complex issue but let’s call a spade a spade. The “movie” I watched on YouTube has as much to do with Americans and the American government as I have with Genghis Khan.
Attacking America is a reflex action of course, anti- Americanism is always the safe fallback, the better to keep the attention away from many of their own despotic leaders.
But Muslim leaders really need to come into the 21st Century and stop the demonization that is leading to such violence.
It is destroying any hope of a common understanding.
They need to look at the mote in their own eye as we all do. A parody Twitter account of Syria’s president, Bashar al-Assad, posted: “Wow! Good thing I just bombed mosques, killed women and children and I didn’t make an anti-Muslim video! People would be after me!”
That says it all.
As W.B. Yeats wrote,
“The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.”
Read more: Family of Irish American former Navy SEAL killed in Libyan protests mourn their “hero” - VIDEOS
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...