Joe Biden more popular than Obama says Maureen Dowd
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 06:22 AM
- Recalling Irish America’s greatest moment: President Clinton’s first visit to Belfast
- Inquiries into pre-Good Friday Agreement Northern Ireland crimes must end
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
It takes Maureen Dowd to finally point out what media people have known for months.
Vice President Joe Biden is more popular than President Obama these days.
Dowd's column this Sunday morning slams Obama and how he treats the media.
Biden on the other hand is praised for his openness and popularity.
"Biden gave a press party at his house recently with a beach theme — complete with Uzi-size squirt guns and water slides. Journalists came with their families, schmoozed with top White House officials like David Axelrod and Rahm Emanuel, and watched a dripping wet vice president walk around with his little grandson. One Obama aide remarked that Biden is “the most beloved person in the White House.”
"...the vice president is so lacking in any vengeful feelings for past reporting that left him for dead, I sometimes wonder if he’s really Irish." Dowd writes.
Dowd writes that Obama was always aloof and distrustful of the press despite the fact that most adored him during the campaign.
Now that some in the press have turned against him Dowd says Obama is proving very thin skinned.
" It hurts Obama to be a crybaby about it, and to blame the press and the “old Washington game” for his own communication failures." Dowd writes
Amazing isn't it when you think of it that Biden has become the more popular of the two.
Suddenly Obama's incredible leap from obscurity to the White House is coming back to haunt him when it comes to the long term savvy on how to deal with the press.
In this case it is Irish Uncle Joe who is showing the way.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...