Jimmy Fallon the big winner in Conan O'Brien/Jay Leno fight
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
The big winner in the Jay Leno/Conan O'Brien stand off is the Irish guy at NBC.
No, not Conan, Jimmy Fallon.
While the two bull elephants fight, Jimmy Fallon has avoided being the trampled grass. Indeed, he looks like he may soon be leading the herd.
Leno has dispatched O'Brien, probably to Fox, but Fallon will fall into the 12.30 slot with no one between him and Leno for the future of NBC late night.
Conan O'Brien was the obvious obstacle now that has been removed. In addition, Leno is over 60 and now has a tarnished reputation after chasing O'Brien from the set.
Fallon at 35 can bide his time. There is an old Irish expression that the ' quiet pig gets to eat the meal' in other words when others are squealing and grunting he gets on with it.
That could be Jimmy Fallon to a T. He is young, he understands the power of the multimedia platform in a way O'Brien or Leno never could. He has mastered twitter and finding new ways to connect with his increasing audience. He is the face of the future, now O'Brien and certainly not Leno. He must be quietly smiling these days.
He has refused to take sides in the bull fight but he may well end up being the matador who slays them both.
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...