Homer Simpson for Irish President
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
Posted by Niall O'Dowd at 3/19/2009 4:24 PM EDT
So, more than 500,000 Irish people tuned in to see the Irish episode of "The Simpsons" on St.Patrick’s Day.
Called "In the Name of the Grandfather," it portrays Homer and company heading back to the Emerald Isle while searching for their roots.
Let's put this in context:
500,000 in a country of four million is 8 percent of the entire population. No other show in the past ten years, especially one on a cable channe,l even comes close.
So, here’s my suggestion. Let’s run Homer for President of Ireland. He’s over 35, and now that he can claim Irish citizenship.
It’s a no-brainer really. Which will suit Homer, because he doesn’t have one to begin with. The race is set for 2010 and right now, he’s a shoo-in with this kind of massive support.
I’ve even got a slogan: "Vote for Homer, he’s no informer.”
Seeing as informers are hated more than anyone else in Irish history, all he needs to do is accuse his opponent of informing about something ... say when he/she told on his kindergarten friend who wet his pants. It's easy to do and no opponent could withstand such a devastating charge.
It'll all work, and Homer can be at the White Houses in 2011 with Barack.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed...
- Computer giant Apple avoiding $25 billion...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Guinness summit? Obama and Putin to enjoy...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing