Governor Chris Christie undergoes weight loss surgery and enters White House race - Move will be seen for what it is, a declaration that he’s running in 2016
Posted on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 at 08:41 AM
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
- How the Gaelic Players Association has saved lives in Ireland
- Ray Kelly is right, politicians who attacked him are full of it
|Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie and his wife Mary Pat Christie |
The news that Chris Christie governor of New Jersey has undergone weight loss surgery makes clear he is running for the White House.
He has already lost 40 pounds from the surgery according to The New York Post which revealed he underwent the procedure in February.
The incredibly shrinking governor with Irish and Italian roots becomes an immediate front runner if a svelter, clean cut looking candidate emerges.
He told The Post he was doing it for his kids and not his political future but I’d bet a corn beef sandwich that White House calculations played a huge part.
Hitting age 50 and weighing 350lbs Christie knew he had to do something to tame his gargantuan appetite and lumbering figure.
He underwent the gastric surgery in great secrecy, having the surgeon visit him rather than the other way around.
Now he is ready to showcase the new Christie.
He becomes a formidable opponent and will be an immediate front runner.
His problem is getting out of the Republican primary. He is far too centrist to win at the moment given the slew to the right of the GOP in recent years.
But a Christie versus Hillary would be a smash, a political fight for the ages.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Donegal priest bans gaudy headstones and...
- Irish American professor claims humans are...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...
- New Irish Ambassador to U.S. leads charge...
- Irish woman makes history as first female...