Don’t Rule out Hillary for 2016 -- Vanity Fair profile says Democrats unlikely to have anyone better
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young woman they turned in to U.S. authorities - “The IIIC is deeply sorry for the hurt and upset that this incident caused the young woman”
- The Irish community returns to Hurricane Sandy hit Rockaways to aid ongoing recovery
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities by Irish immigrant support group - Boston-based Irish International Immigrant Center does the unspeakable
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
Observers of Hillary Clinton will have been intrigued by some of the nuggets about the Secretary of State in the new Vanity Fair profile.
The relationship with Obama is gone into in some detail, as are the workaholic habits and the reconciliation with Irish-born Samantha Power who dissed her on the campaign trail when Power was with Obama.
What was most intriguing though was the soft denial from staffers about a run in 2016 when she will be sixty-nine the month before the election, close to the same age as Ronald Reagan was when he ran for the first time.
Is there one more run in the Grand Dame of American politics?
Don’t rule it out would be the best advice. The Clinton’s are like the old warhorses who hear the sound of war and head straight towards the battlefield.
Hillary looks great has shown incredible competence in her new job and has earned and owns the respect of most Americans.
Polls show her one of the most popular figures in the US.
So don’t rule out 2016 yet, despite many protestations to the contrary
As Vanity Fair noted; “…. But it’s hard to believe “Clinton” and “ambition” have been fully sundered. In 2016, the Democrats are unlikely to have anyone better or more acceptable to different parts of the party."
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- Justice Minister hangs on as Shattergate...