Charlie Sheen coverage by US media is disgraceful--- treating as a circus the tragedy of a person falling apart
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at a critical time for peace process - Hopes that he can help stop slow slide into the dark side
- Boston Irish Immigration Center continues to lie about their role in turning woman in to State Department
- Why no effort to repair damage to Irish Famine memorial in New York nearly one year after? - Car slammed into memorial and ugly plywood and metal barricades still mark the site
- How sports helped defeat the 'No Irish Need Apply' racism in America - Top baseball exec Tim Brosnan tells Irish Sports 50 how Irish served as example
- Sandy scourged Rockaways is on the mend with a little help from community spirit and perseverance
The U.S. media has been disgraceful in its treatment of Charlie Sheen.
The fact is that this is a man in deep psychiatric distress who needs help not a nation gawking at him as some kind of freak show.
It is clear from his television interviews that he is being goaded on by the media looking for the latest manic sound bite.
In fact the Irish American actor is in deep pain and desperately in need of help. He is a richly talented man who has profoundly lost his way.
It reminds me of the circus around Michael Jackson, but the laughing stopped when he essentially killed himself with an overdose with some help from others.
There are those who love the freak show and a million people have signed up for his latest manic twitter messages in just over a day.
Like vultures to a carcass the media and public gather round
But what about his little twins who were removed from his custody yesterday? That is a profound tragedy
What about his father Martin, a true humanitarian in so many ways who is now witnessing his son self-destruct?
Charlie Sheen is actually going through hell as any person addicted to a substance eventually does.
The media is aiding and abetting his path towards a catastrophic breakdown which could end up in suicide like Jackson, Monroe and so many others.
The media needs to back off, his family needs to intervene, he needs to be safe in a psychiatric facility until someone can figure out what really ails him.
That is the sad reality of Charlie Sheen, not the freak show the media is putting on now.
His family, his kids, Sheen himself, deserves better.
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...