Charlie Sheen coverage by US media is disgraceful--- treating as a circus the tragedy of a person falling apart
- The Irish community returns to Hurricane Sandy hit Rockaways to aid ongoing recovery
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities by Irish immigrant support group - Boston-based Irish International Immigrant Center does the unspeakable
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
The U.S. media has been disgraceful in its treatment of Charlie Sheen.
The fact is that this is a man in deep psychiatric distress who needs help not a nation gawking at him as some kind of freak show.
It is clear from his television interviews that he is being goaded on by the media looking for the latest manic sound bite.
In fact the Irish American actor is in deep pain and desperately in need of help. He is a richly talented man who has profoundly lost his way.
It reminds me of the circus around Michael Jackson, but the laughing stopped when he essentially killed himself with an overdose with some help from others.
There are those who love the freak show and a million people have signed up for his latest manic twitter messages in just over a day.
Like vultures to a carcass the media and public gather round
But what about his little twins who were removed from his custody yesterday? That is a profound tragedy
What about his father Martin, a true humanitarian in so many ways who is now witnessing his son self-destruct?
Charlie Sheen is actually going through hell as any person addicted to a substance eventually does.
The media is aiding and abetting his path towards a catastrophic breakdown which could end up in suicide like Jackson, Monroe and so many others.
The media needs to back off, his family needs to intervene, he needs to be safe in a psychiatric facility until someone can figure out what really ails him.
That is the sad reality of Charlie Sheen, not the freak show the media is putting on now.
His family, his kids, Sheen himself, deserves better.
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- U2’s Bono spills on American politicians...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...