Anthony Weiner victim of a sex trap it looks like
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM
- Recalling Irish America’s greatest moment: President Clinton’s first visit to Belfast
- Inquiries into pre-Good Friday Agreement Northern Ireland crimes must end
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
I met Anthony Weiner about a month ago when he came to my office to solicit Irish American support for his mayoral run in 2013.
He is one sharp cookie.
He had an agenda ready and went at it, issues of concern to the Irish American community like immigration and parades and he hit every mark.
There is no way I can believe this razor sharp young candidate sent a dumb and offensive twitter to a woman he never met at the weekend.
This stinks to high heaven and has all the hallmarks of a dirty tricks campaign.
I know one should never be surprised when a sex scandal engulfs a well known figure. There are annual rituals these days from Bill Clinton to Dominique Strauss Khan.
But Anthony Weiner strikes me as a political animal, a man who will let nothing and I mean nothing get in the way of his political ambition.
He is very reminiscent of his political mentor Senator Chuck Schumer who is sharp as a shark when it comes to scoring political points.
Anthony Weiner will be a major contender for Mayor of New York in 2013 of that I am certain.
And I'm pretty sure he did not send a crazy text or do anything that would risk that bright career.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra