Anthony Weiner victim of a sex trap it looks like
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at a critical time for peace process - Hopes that he can help stop slow slide into the dark side
- Boston Irish Immigration Center continues to lie about their role in turning woman in to State Department
- Why no effort to repair damage to Irish Famine memorial in New York nearly one year after? - Car slammed into memorial and ugly plywood and metal barricades still mark the site
- How sports helped defeat the 'No Irish Need Apply' racism in America - Top baseball exec Tim Brosnan tells Irish Sports 50 how Irish served as example
- Sandy scourged Rockaways is on the mend with a little help from community spirit and perseverance
I met Anthony Weiner about a month ago when he came to my office to solicit Irish American support for his mayoral run in 2013.
He is one sharp cookie.
He had an agenda ready and went at it, issues of concern to the Irish American community like immigration and parades and he hit every mark.
There is no way I can believe this razor sharp young candidate sent a dumb and offensive twitter to a woman he never met at the weekend.
This stinks to high heaven and has all the hallmarks of a dirty tricks campaign.
I know one should never be surprised when a sex scandal engulfs a well known figure. There are annual rituals these days from Bill Clinton to Dominique Strauss Khan.
But Anthony Weiner strikes me as a political animal, a man who will let nothing and I mean nothing get in the way of his political ambition.
He is very reminiscent of his political mentor Senator Chuck Schumer who is sharp as a shark when it comes to scoring political points.
Anthony Weiner will be a major contender for Mayor of New York in 2013 of that I am certain.
And I'm pretty sure he did not send a crazy text or do anything that would risk that bright career.
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an...