Anthony Weiner victim of a sex trap it looks like
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
I met Anthony Weiner about a month ago when he came to my office to solicit Irish American support for his mayoral run in 2013.
He is one sharp cookie.
He had an agenda ready and went at it, issues of concern to the Irish American community like immigration and parades and he hit every mark.
There is no way I can believe this razor sharp young candidate sent a dumb and offensive twitter to a woman he never met at the weekend.
This stinks to high heaven and has all the hallmarks of a dirty tricks campaign.
I know one should never be surprised when a sex scandal engulfs a well known figure. There are annual rituals these days from Bill Clinton to Dominique Strauss Khan.
But Anthony Weiner strikes me as a political animal, a man who will let nothing and I mean nothing get in the way of his political ambition.
He is very reminiscent of his political mentor Senator Chuck Schumer who is sharp as a shark when it comes to scoring political points.
Anthony Weiner will be a major contender for Mayor of New York in 2013 of that I am certain.
And I'm pretty sure he did not send a crazy text or do anything that would risk that bright career.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'