A disgrace as Phoebe Prince bullies have gotten off free and clear
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at a critical time for peace process - Hopes that he can help stop slow slide into the dark side
- Boston Irish Immigration Center continues to lie about their role in turning woman in to State Department
- Why no effort to repair damage to Irish Famine memorial in New York nearly one year after? - Car slammed into memorial and ugly plywood and metal barricades still mark the site
- How sports helped defeat the 'No Irish Need Apply' racism in America - Top baseball exec Tim Brosnan tells Irish Sports 50 how Irish served as example
- Sandy scourged Rockaways is on the mend with a little help from community spirit and perseverance
The bullies who aided and abetted Phoebe Prince's suicide have gotten off pretty much scot-free.
That is the only conclusion to draw from yesterday's events when five of the six copped a plea.
Their crimes will be treated as misdemeanors and likely just involve some community service.
It is a shocking outcome which has ended the hopes of many involved in the issue that finally a stand would be taken against this type of horrific behavior.
Phoebe Prince committed suicide because of the dreadful bullying. There is a clear cause and effect there.
The Irish girl had a troubled past, but would never have taken the ultimate step were it not for the mean girls and boys that made her life a misery.
It is sad to report that the law has failed once again to send a clear and unequivocal signal that if you bully another kid to the point of her suicide there are real consequences.
Sure the accused will bear scars for the rest of their lives, but at least they will have lives.
The family of Phoebe Prince have only the broken dreams and the memories of a dear daughter who departed this earth far too early.
It is an overwhelming tragedy made worse by this slap on the wrist.
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...