Periscopeby Niall O'Dowd
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
- Cardinal Sean O’Malley reneged on Boston College commencement deal say Irish sources - Irish government said to be furious over statement condemning Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny
I know Memorial Day is usually for remembering those who fought so bravely for the United States in so many wars.
But I got to thinking that it would be great if we could remember other souls in need too, especially innocent children who suffered the ultimate fate.
Occasionally a politician speaks truth to power, and New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg did so on Tuesday.
He pointed out that in 1991, 18 percent of Canada’s and America’s immigrants were rated as highly skilled.
I woke up yesterday morning to discover an impostor.
I gazed in the mirror on my 59th birthday and realized I had been hijacked.
It was 31 years ago yesterday that Bobby Sands died on hunger strike in Northern Ireland.
The biggest fundraising dinner in the history of Irish America or indeed Ireland, took place last night at the Lincoln Center in New York.
The American Ireland Fund raised a staggering $4.3 million blowing away all previous records.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan