Periscopeby Niall O'Dowd
- “Philomena” a must-see movie that breaks your heart (VIDEO)
- What JFK’s America was really like in November 1963 - Time capsule of New York Daily News paper of the day
- An afternoon with Chuck Feeney, Irish America’s greatest hero
- How the Gaelic Players Association has saved lives in Ireland
- Ray Kelly is right, politicians who attacked him are full of it
What to make of the fact that Rick Santorum lost the Catholic vote in both Michigan and Arizona to Romney?
Quite a lot really. Two immediate things, Catholics are clearly more moderate than Rick and secondly, many were scared off by the militant rhetoric Santorum let loose with during the past week.
Catholic hospitals have been dragged into the discussion over contraception in recent weeks, making them also a target for criticism
But it is time Catholic healthcare systems and the incredible work that Catholic hospitals do for the ill and needy in this country is recognized.
It is Academy Award weekend coming up, time to sit back and enjoy the best that Hollywood had to offer last year.
The Irish as always will be well represented with Glenn Close nominated for the film Albert Nobbs, set in Dublin.
Affable, approachable, a dedicated worker for charities, US Open winner McDowell made it look easy at the Dublin Children's Hospital fundraiser in New York on Wednesday night.
McDowell's charity the GMAC foundation is a major underwriter of the hospital, which desperately needs funds at a time of harsh economic pressures in Ireland.
The latest memoir by a former lover makes me think twice about John F.Kennedy.
Mark February 9th as the day the Celtic Comeback began.
That was the day in New York that former President Bill Clinton gathered the rich and powerful in American business and delivered them on a silver platter for the Irish government leaders including Prime MinisterEnda Kenny and Foreign Minster Eamon Gilmore as well as Jobs Minister Richard Bruton.
Begorrah, the Brits are stealing St.Patrick’s week 2012 at the White House from under us.
President Obama just announced an official visit and a state dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron and wife Samantha on March 13th and 14th on St.Patrick’s week this year.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- 'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain...