Periscopeby Niall O'Dowd
- The Irish community returns to Hurricane Sandy hit Rockaways to aid ongoing recovery
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities by Irish immigrant support group - Boston-based Irish International Immigrant Center does the unspeakable
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
What to make of the fact that Rick Santorum lost the Catholic vote in both Michigan and Arizona to Romney?
Quite a lot really. Two immediate things, Catholics are clearly more moderate than Rick and secondly, many were scared off by the militant rhetoric Santorum let loose with during the past week.
Catholic hospitals have been dragged into the discussion over contraception in recent weeks, making them also a target for criticism
But it is time Catholic healthcare systems and the incredible work that Catholic hospitals do for the ill and needy in this country is recognized.
It is Academy Award weekend coming up, time to sit back and enjoy the best that Hollywood had to offer last year.
The Irish as always will be well represented with Glenn Close nominated for the film Albert Nobbs, set in Dublin.
Affable, approachable, a dedicated worker for charities, US Open winner McDowell made it look easy at the Dublin Children's Hospital fundraiser in New York on Wednesday night.
McDowell's charity the GMAC foundation is a major underwriter of the hospital, which desperately needs funds at a time of harsh economic pressures in Ireland.
The latest memoir by a former lover makes me think twice about John F.Kennedy.
Mark February 9th as the day the Celtic Comeback began.
That was the day in New York that former President Bill Clinton gathered the rich and powerful in American business and delivered them on a silver platter for the Irish government leaders including Prime Minister Enda Kenny and Foreign Minster Eamon Gilmore as well as Jobs Minister Richard Bruton.
Begorrah, the Brits are stealing St.Patrick’s week 2012 at the White House from under us.
President Obama just announced an official visit and a state dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron and wife Samantha on March 13th and 14th on St.Patrick’s week this year.
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Did Pope Francis perform an exorcism at the...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- 87-year-old sues Donald Trump over condo...
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...