People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Why Obama and Clinton needed that golf game together with Terry McAuliffe -- Obama presidential library and Hillary’s political future all in the mix
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 at 08:00 AM
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia Obama bored stiff while in Ireland - Schedule heavy on history lectures and searching for ancient roots blamed - VIDEO
- Anti-Catholic rant against Notre Dame is nothing new for the Fighting Irish to face - Ohio State president slammed for “those damn Catholics” comments is latest in long line
- Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats - Latest delusion about running for president continues the madness
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
|Bill Clinton and Barack Obama get down to business playing golf|
So Terry McAuliffe, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama played golf on Sunday together.
Wonder what they were discussing?
Sure, McAuliffe is running for Virginia governor in 2014 and Bill wants his wife to run for president in 2016.
But what does Obama want?
Why a presidential library of course.
Cost? A cool $500 million.
It is time for him to start thinking of that legacy now and who better to help him tease it out than the man who almost single-handedly, got the Clinton library built -- Terry McAuliffe?
As Clinton’s go-to guy on all matters financial, McAuliffe was invaluable.
Yet, Obama had little time for the Clinton crowd and McAuliffe was never a factor in his inside group in the Democratic Party.
What a difference a new term makes.
Obama has to start fundraising right now for the library while he still has the power and the connections.
Politico.com recently stated it is bound for the University of Chicago where Obama was once a law professor but new federal rules make the government contribution much smaller.
Meanwhile McAuliffe will need the president’s help in Virginia which Obama won for the second election in a row.
Obama likely wants the inside advice on how to approach donors on a presidential library that only McAuliffe can bring.
As for Clinton, the more he is tied into Obama the better the chances for Hillary.
With Joe Biden lurking and likely running and major figures like Governor Martin O’Malley and Governor Andrew Cuomo chomping at the bit, a good deed for Obama will surely not go unnoticed when the real battle begins in 2014 or so for the White House.
Which is why the trio and Ron Kirk, former Dallas Mayor were golfing on Sunday. Kirk wants to be head of the Democratic National Committee.
All makes sense doesn’t it?
Be the first to make a comment.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- All Ireland Winners of the 2013 Irish Restaurant Awards...
- Two Irish chefs launch new All-Ireland Culinary tours business...
- Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon launches pop-up artisan eatery...
- "First Woman Bishop" elected as one of Ireland's four main church leaders - VIDEO...
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Dating website for ‘homosensible’ Catholic...
- Michelle Obama and daughters visit Glendalough.
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- American dance teacher and Ulster husband...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Obama under fire for turning G8 summit into...