People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Why Chris Christie should not run -- the media just want someone else to tear down
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2011 at 07:45 PM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Chris Christie is coming under intense pressure to throw his hat in the ring for the 2012 presidential race.
The New York Times is reporting that a high- level gathering of Christie aides are meeting this weekend to plan a strategy.
The Times reports that those pushing Christie to run include the media mogul Rupert Murdoch, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, Nancy Reagan and the conservative columnist William Kristol.
To which I say don't run Chris.
Like all the other candidates before like Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry in particular, the media is trying to lure you in in order to start tearing you down.
The media has the attention span of a nano-second and with Perry foundering they are distraught at the idea that they will spend the next year covering the bland Romney and the buttoned down version of Obama.
Christie isn't bland, he's big bluff and controversial, in other words a media man's delight.
He screams, he hollers, he interjects. great stuff for media coverage.
But reality bites.
Christie has left it too late. He is unexposed with less than two years on the national stage.
He is not ready for prime time yet-- and he knows it deep down.
But it is highly flattering when major moguls and legendary GOP types are coming knocking on your door.
But he should remember he's only 49 with a lot of politics ahead of him.
He should resist the poisoned apple and stay where he is.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas