People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Watch for the Newt Gingrich surge after Perry brain freeze and Cain mutiny
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 02:34 AM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
Poor Rick Perry.
When you are thrust in the national spotlight you better know your stuff.
Perry had already raised questions about his competency when he endured a lengthy brain fart at a Michigan debate and could not remember which department he was supposed to cut.
Taken along With Cain's habit of making numerous women feel deeply uncomfortable around him, those two are toast as I predicted here some weeks back.
So who's next for the firing line?
If you read the glowing Dorthy Rabinowiz profile of Newt Gingrich in the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday then you know.
More stories on US politics from IrishCentral
Guinness secret revealed: Why do bubbles go down instead of up?
Irish-American cheats death surfing world record wave - VIDEOS
Step forward Newt.
Here's a few lines of what Rabinowitz wrote “No candidate in the field comes close to his talent for connection...There’s no underestimating the importance of such a power in the presidential election ahead. His rise in the polls suggests that more and more Republicans are absorbing that fact.”
It is well known that the media, like nature, abhors a vacuum.
The notion of Romney coasting uncontested to the nomination is BORING.
So they need a challenger to set up the horse race.
And Gingrich is left standing.
He's also smart and all the bad stuff , the three marriages etc. is all out there.
So wait for the Gingrich drumbeat to begin.
And the not so merry wives of Newt story to get an airing right after.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- U2’s Bono spills on American politicians...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...