People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Watch for the Newt Gingrich surge after Perry brain freeze and Cain mutiny
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 02:34 AM
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
- GOP overplays its hand and Harry Reid pounces
Poor Rick Perry.
When you are thrust in the national spotlight you better know your stuff.
Perry had already raised questions about his competency when he endured a lengthy brain fart at a Michigan debate and could not remember which department he was supposed to cut.
Taken along With Cain's habit of making numerous women feel deeply uncomfortable around him, those two are toast as I predicted here some weeks back.
So who's next for the firing line?
If you read the glowing Dorthy Rabinowiz profile of Newt Gingrich in the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday then you know.
More stories on US politics from IrishCentral
Guinness secret revealed: Why do bubbles go down instead of up?
Irish-American cheats death surfing world record wave - VIDEOS
Step forward Newt.
Here's a few lines of what Rabinowitz wrote “No candidate in the field comes close to his talent for connection...There’s no underestimating the importance of such a power in the presidential election ahead. His rise in the polls suggests that more and more Republicans are absorbing that fact.”
It is well known that the media, like nature, abhors a vacuum.
The notion of Romney coasting uncontested to the nomination is BORING.
So they need a challenger to set up the horse race.
And Gingrich is left standing.
He's also smart and all the bad stuff , the three marriages etc. is all out there.
So wait for the Gingrich drumbeat to begin.
And the not so merry wives of Newt story to get an airing right after.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Top ten worst ever Irish Christmas gifts,...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Address by Nelson Mandela to Joint Houses...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra