People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Tougher gun laws must come after Newton murders of innocent children
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 09:34 PM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
|Utter heartbreak and horror felt in Newtown - before more innocent |
chidlrern are murdered gun laws in the US must be addressed
Lunatics with guns have gone berserk in America and must be stopped.
How many deaths does it take to ignore that too many people have died?
Another day, another maniac running loose this time shooting innocent children at the very dawn of their lives in Newtown Connecticut.
Yet there are those who will defend ownership of the weapons including a high powered rifle by this crazy loon.
It can not be defended nor should it be. The framers of the constitution made a horrible mistake when they wrote the Second Amendment leaving it open to the interpretation that every lunatic alive in America has the right to a gun.
It is ridiculously easy for mentally disturbed maniacs to purchase guns in this country and it is time it stopped.
Read more US politics stories here
It is time that President Obama stepped up the plate, whatever the political consequences, and told the obvious truth.
He like every other major politician has been frozen in the headlights of the National Rifle Association on this issue.
Only a rare politician like Michael Bloomberg, New York Mayor has had the moxie and the money to challenge them.
It is time for Obama and all legislators to face down the gun lobby and bring common sense back to the table.
The bodies of the dead children in Connecticut will haunt them until they do.
There are far too many guns in our society and it is far too easy for lunatics to purchase them.
And no, I don't want to hear the weasel arguments about how if only criminals have guns, crime will skyrocket. What is happening now is mass slaughter of innocents from nursery schools to shopping malls to movie theaters.
The macho posturing of the gun lobby has to stop and a rare concept of decency and reality must creep in.
They cannot keep defending the indefensible just so gun manufacturers can post big profits and keep the rest of the country in a state of permanent fear.
It is past time for action or do we want the blood of more murdered children on our hands?
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan