People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Thank You President Obama for...
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 04:39 PM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
- Thank you for…... the "room-lighting" smile:
- For the mind that is always thinking:
- For preventing a second Great Depression:
- For the humor:
- For bringing the number of women in the Supreme Court to 3.:
- For making the White House the "people's" house:
- For 1.1 million jobs created in 2010 alone, more than the entire 8 years of George W. Bush:
- For The Penny Ice Creamery in Santa Cruz, California:
- For the love of people:
- For the love of family:
- For America's First Lady:
- For Health Care reform:
- For leaving the past behind:
- For the world having respect for America, again:
- For quietly and calmly dealing with crisis after crisis, after crisis, after crisis, even if not being responsible for any of them:
- For being so "cool":
- For being fierce - when need be:
- For having the intellect to be curious:
- For the capacity to know that you are, as we are, imperfect¦.
- For having the sense to not let it destroy you¦
- For the capacity to be compassionate:
- For being an inspiration to so many:
- For saving the auto industry and at least 1.4 million jobs:
- For loving the troops:
- For understanding the horrible price of war:
- For bringing 100,000 men and women back from Iraq:
- For facing the most difficult and loneliest job in the world with grace, dignity, honesty and guts in spite of so many "Haters":
- For being, in spite of all the hate, pettiness, racism, corruption and immaturity around, the most progressive president in decades:
And simply for this:
For Being...................."MR. PRESIDENT"!
15 - 73 | See all comments
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Did Pope Francis perform an exorcism at the...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...