Rupert Murdoch nixes Sean Hannity Tea Party appearance
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Fox owner Rupert Murdoch has issued his own Tea Party manifesto.
Speaking earlier this week he said he did not think Fox News "should be supporting the Tea Party."
So now it seems the romance might have faded for Fox News and the Tea Party.
The fair and balanced news channel is practically falling over itself to put quite some distance between Fox and the Tea Partyers.
Thursday the channel pulled mega conservative host Sean Hannity from a well-publicized spot at the Tea Party convention in Cincinatti.
Hannity was supposed to broadcast his show Thursday night from the rally but he was pulled out at the last minute.
The honchos at Fox said they had to pull Hannity out when they learned the rally organizers were charging the audience.
Head executive Bill Shine said, "Fox News never agreed to allow the Cincinnati Tea Party organizers to use Sean Hannity's television program to profit from broadcasting his show from the event."
“We asked him to come back to New York once I realized the seriousness of what’s was going on there,” said Shine. “The Tea Party people were literally selling better seats of the program” based on the Hannity show. “That crossed the line, yeah. We told him to come back home.”
Bet you dollars to donuts that it was Rupert Murdoch's order that got carried out super pronto.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas