People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Rick Perry was all hat and no cattle -- His exit helps Newt Gingrich beat Mitt Romney
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
- GOP overplays its hand and Harry Reid pounces
|Newt Gringrich and Mitt Romney|
Now we're not so sure.
His victory in Iowa turns into a dead heat with no winner declared.
New Hampshire's win was in a state where he had a summer residence and was governor of the state next door.
The latest poll from South Carolina shows Gingrich closing to within two points.
And now Rick Perry has endorsed the former speaker.
Perry turned out to be all hat and no cattle as they say in Texas, utterly destroyed by his sorry debate performances.
More US politics news from IrishCentral
Irish American wife charged with slaying husband’s mistress- VIDEO
Historical Irish silent films are now available online - VIDEOS
With his exit, the votes will surely go to Newt, his fellow southerner and conservative bosom buddy.
That should help Gingrich defeat Romney who is swimming in a swamp of questions about his wealth, his tax payments and his religion.
So if Newt wins South Carolina that brings up Florida as the big kahuna.
Romney is ahead there too, but as a southern state Gingrich will definitely close the gap quickly, especially if he wins South Carolina.
So it is still all to play for.
If Santorum drops out after South Carolina, look out!
His voters will flock to Newt.
And once more the pundits are eating crow after declaring Romney the premature winner.
For my money Gingrich can still and probably will win it all.
Especially if Santorum folds.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Donegal priest bans gaudy headstones and...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Irish American professor claims humans are...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...
- Irish give more than anyone else in Europe...
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing...