People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Rick Perry was all hat and no cattle -- His exit helps Newt Gingrich beat Mitt Romney
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
|Newt Gringrich and Mitt Romney|
Now we're not so sure.
His victory in Iowa turns into a dead heat with no winner declared.
New Hampshire's win was in a state where he had a summer residence and was governor of the state next door.
The latest poll from South Carolina shows Gingrich closing to within two points.
And now Rick Perry has endorsed the former speaker.
Perry turned out to be all hat and no cattle as they say in Texas, utterly destroyed by his sorry debate performances.
More US politics news from IrishCentral
Irish American wife charged with slaying husband’s mistress- VIDEO
Historical Irish silent films are now available online - VIDEOS
With his exit, the votes will surely go to Newt, his fellow southerner and conservative bosom buddy.
That should help Gingrich defeat Romney who is swimming in a swamp of questions about his wealth, his tax payments and his religion.
So if Newt wins South Carolina that brings up Florida as the big kahuna.
Romney is ahead there too, but as a southern state Gingrich will definitely close the gap quickly, especially if he wins South Carolina.
So it is still all to play for.
If Santorum drops out after South Carolina, look out!
His voters will flock to Newt.
And once more the pundits are eating crow after declaring Romney the premature winner.
For my money Gingrich can still and probably will win it all.
Especially if Santorum folds.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...