People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
President Obama jumps in the mud pit to beat back Romney -- No more Mr Nice Guy as he goes for the jugular in convention speech - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 at 08:15 AM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
Well if this 2012 campaign proves anything, it is that Obambi is dead.
He has been replaced by O’Rambo, the President who is mad as hell and is not going to take it any more.
O’Rambo comes out out firing and doesn't take prisoners. He believes in a scorched earth policy, destroy the village to save it if necessary.
Obama's speech last night at the Democratic National Convention was for the red hot meat eaters, not for the faint of heart.
It was pretty much a lengthy diatribe against Mitt Romney, excoriating, slamming, criticizing and sticking the presidential boot in.
All that was missing was a Romney pinata and a baseball bat. I'm not sure it worked.
Sure, the President has to go on the offensive but it is a sign of his own lack of accomplishment that he wants to mud wrestle rather than engage on a policy level.
The foreign policy attacks were effective sure, especially on Romney's inane focus on Russia as our major foreign policy villain, but I think few voters will be swayed by such a concern.
It is obvious what the polls are telling the Obama people. Define Romney, drag him down, before America gets a full view of him.
This is bare knuckle politics, nothing to do with dream aspirations.
Obambi had those, and Obambi got shot somewhere between inauguration in 2008 and the Republican attack dogs getting unleashed.
Obama’s speech was not the best of the convention. It was not even second best or third.
Bill Clinton stole the show, the old dog for the hard road, Michelle won the hearts and minds, and Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown law student called a slut by Rush Limbaugh, stole the show after her prime time
So Obama, who ran a poetic campaign full of hope and promise last time has now become the lumbering grizzly,older and more dangerous, much more likely to attack if approached. I'm sure it is what the pollsters are telling him, but it is a sad reflection on American politics nowadays that the only defense is attack and that hopes and dreams are for sissies.
Welcome to the mud pit Mr. President.
15 - 81 | See all comments
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...