People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
President Obama jumps in the mud pit to beat back Romney -- No more Mr Nice Guy as he goes for the jugular in convention speech - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 at 08:15 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Well if this 2012 campaign proves anything, it is that Obambi is dead.
He has been replaced by O’Rambo, the President who is mad as hell and is not going to take it any more.
O’Rambo comes out out firing and doesn't take prisoners. He believes in a scorched earth policy, destroy the village to save it if necessary.
Obama's speech last night at the Democratic National Convention was for the red hot meat eaters, not for the faint of heart.
It was pretty much a lengthy diatribe against Mitt Romney, excoriating, slamming, criticizing and sticking the presidential boot in.
All that was missing was a Romney pinata and a baseball bat. I'm not sure it worked.
Sure, the President has to go on the offensive but it is a sign of his own lack of accomplishment that he wants to mud wrestle rather than engage on a policy level.
The foreign policy attacks were effective sure, especially on Romney's inane focus on Russia as our major foreign policy villain, but I think few voters will be swayed by such a concern.
It is obvious what the polls are telling the Obama people. Define Romney, drag him down, before America gets a full view of him.
This is bare knuckle politics, nothing to do with dream aspirations.
Obambi had those, and Obambi got shot somewhere between inauguration in 2008 and the Republican attack dogs getting unleashed.
Obama’s speech was not the best of the convention. It was not even second best or third.
Bill Clinton stole the show, the old dog for the hard road, Michelle won the hearts and minds, and Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown law student called a slut by Rush Limbaugh, stole the show after her prime time
So Obama, who ran a poetic campaign full of hope and promise last time has now become the lumbering grizzly,older and more dangerous, much more likely to attack if approached. I'm sure it is what the pollsters are telling him, but it is a sad reflection on American politics nowadays that the only defense is attack and that hopes and dreams are for sissies.
Welcome to the mud pit Mr. President.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...