Mitt Romney needs Donald Trump like a fish needs a bicycle
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
|Donald Trump and Mitt Romney|
Mitt Romney needs Donald Trump like a fish needs a bicycle.
The sight of the vaudeville buffoon endorsing Romney will do the GOP front runner no good at all.
Trump is the embodiment of the 'look at me, greed is good' ethos which has almost bankrupted this country - remember he went bankrupt himself. His ego is so over sized that he still thinks he could be president.
Very few business people or politicians take Trump seriously.
They view him as a Barnum and Bailey sideshow, no more relevant to the national discourse than the bearded lady or the midget boxer.
More US politics news from IrishCentral
GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish
San Antonio St. Patrick’s Day Parade cancelled after 44 years - VIDEO
Obama's classic put down the weekend he was deciding whether or not he was going to launch a mission against Bin Laden came at the White House correspondent's dinner last year
“Donald Trump is here tonight,” said Obama. “Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately but no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald. And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter, like, ‘Did we fake the moon landing?’ ‘What really happened on Roswell?’ And ‘Where are Biggie and Tupac?’”
A survey of GOP voters revealed that 27 percent said his endorsement would hurt a candidate while only ten per cent thought it would help.
So what gives Mitt?
Why then is Romney doing it, considering that his greatest weakness is that he appears out of touch of the average voter?
His comments yesterday that he was not worried about the very poor smacked of the worst kind of benign neglect of a lower class of people.
Now he appears joined at the hip with Trump who practically screams "Greed is Great."
I don't know about Mitt, he has a tin ear and Donald just deafens him further.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm