Mitt Romney needs Donald Trump like a fish needs a bicycle
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
|Donald Trump and Mitt Romney|
Mitt Romney needs Donald Trump like a fish needs a bicycle.
The sight of the vaudeville buffoon endorsing Romney will do the GOP front runner no good at all.
Trump is the embodiment of the 'look at me, greed is good' ethos which has almost bankrupted this country - remember he went bankrupt himself. His ego is so over sized that he still thinks he could be president.
Very few business people or politicians take Trump seriously.
They view him as a Barnum and Bailey sideshow, no more relevant to the national discourse than the bearded lady or the midget boxer.
More US politics news from IrishCentral
GOP Senator Charles Grassley puts a hold on E3 immigration bill for the Irish
San Antonio St. Patrick’s Day Parade cancelled after 44 years - VIDEO
Obama's classic put down the weekend he was deciding whether or not he was going to launch a mission against Bin Laden came at the White House correspondent's dinner last year
“Donald Trump is here tonight,” said Obama. “Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately but no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald. And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter, like, ‘Did we fake the moon landing?’ ‘What really happened on Roswell?’ And ‘Where are Biggie and Tupac?’”
A survey of GOP voters revealed that 27 percent said his endorsement would hurt a candidate while only ten per cent thought it would help.
So what gives Mitt?
Why then is Romney doing it, considering that his greatest weakness is that he appears out of touch of the average voter?
His comments yesterday that he was not worried about the very poor smacked of the worst kind of benign neglect of a lower class of people.
Now he appears joined at the hip with Trump who practically screams "Greed is Great."
I don't know about Mitt, he has a tin ear and Donald just deafens him further.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...