People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
May 21st spells world's end says preacher -- what I'll be doing on End of Days
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
The end of days is upon us on May 21st according to the Reverend Harold Campling of Family Bible Network a TV evangelist who is all of 89 years old but only looks 899.
I realized when I saw a picture of him I had often seen his show while flicking through the channels. He's got big potato spud ears and a thin reedy figure and he looks like he will croak at any time.
Well he might on May 21 which would be his End of Days but I doubt if the rest of us will.
What with the dead rising up and the hurricanes and earthquakes we will all be busy running for our lives anyway.
As it happens I'll be in Ireland on that day and hopefully, the Queen of England will too -- which makes it somewhat possible that Queenie and I may be found bolting together before the wrath of the Armageddon.
Maybe we'll find a foxhole together and stay safe. In which case we may be the only two left in Ireland.
We'll have the country to ourselves first I'll stack up on Cadbury's chocolate and some six packs of Guinness , my massive addictions, then I'll worry about the rest of my life.
Funny thing is there will be a final day.Scientists say the sun will lose its light an burn out and engulf all the planets of the solar system.
But that's 5 billion years away or so, by which time we'll all have left for another solar system.
So see you May 21st queenie and wear something bright red, that's appropriate, not that silly yellow you wore as the royal wedding of your grandson.
We'll have a grand time together, just you me and Armageddon.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas