People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Lennox the dog death sentence is a complete farce -- Neither rhyme nor reason to the Lord Chief Justice’s decision
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 08:41 AM
- Anti-Catholic rant against Notre Dame is nothing new for the Fighting Irish to face - Ohio State president slammed for “those damn Catholics” comments is latest in long line
- Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats - Latest delusion about running for president continues the madness
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
|Brooke and Caroline Barnes with pic of Lennox|
So Lennox the Belfast dog will be executed the Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland has ruled.
More like the Lord High Executioner from a Gilbert and Sullivan farce.
Lennox will essentially be killed for looking like a pit bull not actually acting like one. By all accounts Lennox was a pretty ordinary dog owned by the Barnes family.
He even served as a comfort for a special needs kid the Barnes have,
But Lennox fell foul of a new law that pit bulls are no longer allowed in Northern Ireland because they are violent.
But Lennox may not even be a pit bull as his breed has never been properly determined.
Either way it didn’t matter-- the poor mutt was measured and pronounced a pit bull.
Lennox will not be executed for what he did but rather for what he resembles.
It is like saying every Catholic in Northern Ireland should be jailed because some in the ast were violent.
The scarlet letter was placed on his forehead, the execution order upoheld now by three different courts.
He has been confined for two years away from his family while the court system creaked and clattered and finally delivered its absurd verdict.
Kafka couldn’t wrote this script-- guilty for being a pitt-bull lookalike.
So now Lennox will be executed, a family left bereft and a world left scratching is head.
This is Orwellian to say the least -- a terrible disgrace that defies description.
Who or what will they be coming for next?
As Gilbert and Sullivan wrote in the Mikado: “Defer, Defer to the Lord High Executioner.”
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Two Irish chefs launch new All-Ireland Culinary tours business...
- Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon launches pop-up artisan eatery...
- "First Woman Bishop" elected as one of Ireland's four main church leaders - VIDEO...
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...